Moving to Paraguay
For moving to Paraguay, the following questions can function as a gudieline:
- What are the volumes that can be taken along and which container size is suitable?
- Should one allow the removal goods to be packed entirely or partially and who loads and secures the container?
- Should one pack on his own and also load the container?
- Which risks should one assume and how does the insurance for the transport to Paraguay function?
- Should one take along the passenger cars or other vehicles with the removal to Paraguay or one is generally allowed to take along the vehicles as immigrants or re-migrants?
- How are the customs proceedings/regulations and which terms are valid for import of goods moving in Paraguay, for example, for immigrants, re-migrants or people, who must relocate only for a work contract to Paraguay?
For these and many other questions and deliberations, OTC global GmbH is available as consultant in the planning phase. We commit ourselves to your individual project so that you can benefit from our experience and knowledge.
To make your start in Paraguay easier, we offer a variety of other services in cooperation with partners in Paraguay. These include, for example, translations, legalization of documents, opening of bank accounts, etc.
Rules and regulations
For moving to Paraguay, other important country-specific issues should be considered and observed. Here, you can benefit from our experience and knowledge as well as our network in Paraguay:
- The specific type of issuance and processing of transport documents is required depending on the individual situation of relocating parties. Thus, whether moving to Paraguay takes place in the context of permanent immigration or only for a limited time and for a work order makes a difference. It is also important, whether the permanent residence permit for Paraguay is already extended at the time of import of the removal goods at the port of Asunción, or whether the removal takes place relatively soon after receiving the residence permit or after the filing of application takes place successfully. For Paraguayan re-migrant, so-called “Repatriados, other terms are valid. We can generally say that the import of removal goods and personal goods moving to Paraguay is not free of cost. However, the personal situation and the documents used for importing the removal goods make a significant difference.
- For import of vehicles along with the removal to Paraguay, the age of the vehicles, the method of issuance of the documents and the legalisation by the Paraguayan embassies and consulate should be especially considered. Errors in this context can lead to very high additional costs.
- Proper issuance of packing lists, freight documents and if necessary, bills for the vehicles and new goods, preliminary certificates and legalisation, timely completion and dispatch of the documents are included in the important tasks, which we carry out for you to the best of our knowledge and belief, so that the import in the port of Asunción can take place without delays and additional costs.
- After the arrival of the removal goods in the port of Asunción, one must work on them properly and quickly to avoid the demurrage and overdrawing costs for the shipping containers. We have our own in-house colleagues for it, who inform you in time about the arrival of your containers in Asunción and initiate the import process prepared already with you and a customs agent (customs broker) selected by you or suggested by us, clear the removal goods and carry out the subsequent transport to your place of residence in Paraguay, depending on the logistics service (whatsoever service) booked by you with us. Whether it is a direct home delivery of moving goods with additional services, provision for own unloading of the container or delivery and dropping of the container at your site with a side loader (crane vehicle), we are your qualitative partner and shall be glad to offer you advice.