Moving to Ecuador
In Ecuador, there are four different climate zones. Due to the pleasant temperature, immigrants mainly settle in the Cuenca region. Attractive property prices and short flying times (the flight from Miami is only of 3 hours) particularly attract US-American immigrants. Even for Europeans, the Andean country is always popular. We support you for the logistics projects of all types with experienced and dedicated personnel.
These questions should be considered before moving to Ecuador:
- Does it make more sense to load the sea container on your own, or should it be left to the logistics companies?
- In which form are the goods to be removed insured?
- Which customs regulations are valid in this country?
- What is the duration of moving to Ecuador by sea?
Important facts for immigrants and professionals
The Republic of Ecuador is open to immigrants. According to a survey carried out in 2016 amongst the immigrants, it is not so easy to find new friends in any other country in the world. Low cost of living and attractive options for leisure activities also contribute to the popularity. The work week is also shorter as compared to Germany. As the place of residence, the city of Cuenca is the first choice, as the climate is favourable and its colonial charm is appealing. The historic city of Cuencas is included since 1999 in the UNESCO world heritage sites. Coastal places like Coronado on the Pacific are also selected.
Entry requirements – visas for short and long term stays
Documents necessary for your entry depend on the duration of your stay. To avoid the difficulties from the very start, you should consult OTC global GmbH for all your queries related to Visa, customs documents and execution of relocation. Basically, the following regulations are applicable:
- For an entry by land, entry and exit stamps in the passport should be compulsorily produced at the border.
- The entry stamp T3 in the passport allows the legal stay of 90 days in the country. This entry stamp is also necessary to apply for another Visa to the foreign ministry.
- For the long-term stay in the Republic of Ecuador, you basically require a residence visa and/or a work permit.
- Applicants, who stay in the country longer than 3 months, must get the visa issued from the Ecuadorian consulate at the place of residence before their entry. The different categories are 12-V for the students, 12-VII for the volunteers and 12-VI for work visa. One who plans a long-term stay, must initially apply for the work visa 12-IX at the consulate – residence status in the country can be changed only with it. This visa is exclusively issued by the immigration authorities in the relevant foreign office (Dirección General de Extranjería).
- Investors, who acquire property of at least 25,000 US-Dollar in the country, obtain a special visa. Even the pensioners, whose monthly pension is at least 1000 US-Dollar, can enter with a “pensioner visa” (Pensionado Visa).
- A visa, which authorises for immigration, must enclose the removal goods. All goods should be listed in a detailed packing list and in two languages.