Shared Container to USA
When you are planning a move to USA, you certainly want to transport your belongings in a safe and efficient way. We will transport your LCL Shipment to USA (Less-Than-Container-Load) with Customs Clearance and options such as appropriate Packing and Container Loading.
Our offer for a Shared Container to USA provides lower transportation costs without compromising on the safety and reliability of your move.
Shared Container to USA – How exactly?
Überseekiste / Liftvan für Export
Partial Load / Consolidation
The approach of shared transport allows you to have a more cost-effective relocation. By efficiently consolidating multiple shipments into a shared container, the container space is utilized optimally, resulting in reduced moving costs.
OTC Global GmbH assures you that your belongings will arrive safely and promptly in an Port of USA. Our team will provide guidance on transportation insurance, import regulations, and customs requirements for the United States.
Procedure for Groupage Container
Your cargo or household goods will be securely packed in shipping crates, lift vans, and boxes, and then consolidated with the cargo of other customers into a full container load at our warehouse in Berlin-Wilhelmsruh.
Subsequently, we transport the full consolidated container by truck and ship to our warehouses in the USA. Upon arrival of your less than container load, you can either pick it up or entrust us with its further transportation to your destination.
Shared Container to USA – For Whom?
Whether a consolidated container is the best solution for your move or transport to the USA depends on the factors that are important to you:
- If your main priority is to transport your small partial load to the USA as cost-effectively as possible, then a consolidated container is the right choice.
- For example, if you have a move with relatively few household goods that do not fill the majority of the container volume, a partial load in a consolidated container can be a sensible option for you. Typically, this involves a volume of up to approximately 12 cubic meters (12m³). Even in such cases, the consolidated container is usually the more practical option, as the costs are significantly lower compared to a direct shipment (immediate partial load at the port).
- If the duration of transporting your cargo, with the aforementioned volume of goods, is a priority for you, then direct shipment would be helpful. This option is considerably more expensive, but your cargo will be shipped in the next available combination at the port, resulting in less time spent on average.
- In exceptional cases, when it is necessary to move small transport quantities (up to 1m³ – 2m³) quickly, air freight will be the most obvious option.
- For quantities exceeding 12 cubic meters, it is often more economical to book a full container. By using your own container, your cargo can also be shipped earlier.
- The method of consolidated container shipping is also environmentally friendly. By combining items from multiple customers in one container, unnecessary empty trips and the use of additional containers are avoided. So, not only do you save costs, but you also contribute to reducing the environmental impact of freight transportation.
- Our consolidated container service is the perfect solution if you are looking for a cost-effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly way to transport your goods. We work with you to determine the technical and economic requirements of your project, so you can find the best option for your move to the USA.
More Questions about Transport/Move with Shared Container
Do I have to bring my partial load / consolidated load to the OTC warehouse myself?
Consolidated containers are loaded at one of our facilitys, for instance in Berlin-Wilhelmsruh, until they are ready for transport. Your freight will initially be stored and documented there. If you wish, we can gladly arrange the pre-transportation to our warehouse for you. Additionally, if you prefer not to pack your own belongings for the move, we offer a packing service for your moving boxes on the day of the pre-transportation to the warehouse.
Do I have to pack my own goods for transport/moving?
An international consolidated container should be adequately packed and secured. We take care of the proper securing of the cargo in the consolidated container at our facility. Furthermore, we offer a professional packing service for your household or goods at your location for an additional fee. If you would like to avail this service, please indicate it in your inquiry.
Do I have to pick up my transport/moving goods myself in the USA / Asuncion?
After the container arrives in USA, you can pick up your partial load or partial move. However, as an additional service, we offer delivery to your destination in the greater Asuncion area. If you would like to add this option, please indicate it in your inquiry.
Are there storage costs for me when using a consolidated container for transport?
The storage in Berlin is free of charge for you until the consolidated container is fully assembled and ready for shipment. After the container arrives in USA, you can pick up your partial load or partial move. If you would like to store your transport or moving goods with us for a longer period, for example, if you are still searching for an apartment, house, or property, we would be happy to provide you with a quote for long-term storage.
What is the minimum quantity (minimum volume) for a partial load in a consolidated container?
Groupage Transport with OTC Global
Our company specializes in providing comprehensive freight services, which includes the cost-effective option of consolidated transport, also known as Less than Truckload (LTL) shipping. With this method, multiple goods from different customers are combined for transportation, reducing individual shipping costs and minimizing the risk of damage during transit through professional and appropriate loading techniques.
Our team of experts takes care of the pickup of goods and plans the delivery to the final destination, making this method an ideal solution for businesses and individuals looking to save on transportation costs.
We offer regular scheduled consolidation services or arrange customized transports tailored to specific needs. Our services go beyond national borders and include transportation to any destination worldwide, including overseas shipments that require expert management of customs and shipping regulations.
Our goal is to provide a reliable and cost-effective solution for Less than Truckload (LTL) shipping, international moving, and other transportation requirements of our customers.
Headoffice in Berlin:
OTC Global GmbH
Phone: +49 30 208 4883 80
Fax: +49 30 639 697 44
Monday – Friday 08:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.